Welcome to the Registration Page for The International History Bee and Bowl’s Canadian Division! Due to the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic, we will proceeding as if all tournaments for the 2020-2021 academic year will be held online. Should the public health situation improve, we will be happy to take tournaments online for the Spring of 2021 and will transfer any online reservations to in-person events or refund them as the case may be. Official word on our decision to remain online will be made by January 1st, 2021.
Registration Information from the 2019-2020 School Year
To register, click on the link here to access the new registration form. Each school is required to bring one reader for every 2 teams that they enter (and 1 reader if they are entering 1 team). Please see note 2 below for more information.
Registration using the above linked form is required in advance of each tournament. Please sign up at least eight days before the tournament. If you need to register less than eight days before the tournament, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to accommodate you. Upon registration, you will be sent an invoice with payment instructions. Please see the “Costs” tab on the menu bar for a list of prices and fees.
Please keep the following in mind:
1. Online Registration is REQUIRED and is only available online through this site. After you register, you will receive an invoice at the email address that you mentioned.
2. Schools need to bring at least one reader (who can be a teacher, a parent or even a non-playing student) who can speak English clearly for every two teams they bring (or fraction thereof). That person may be asked to assist with reading questions and/or scorekeeping.
3. Each school must provide a valid contact email address for its contact person. Each school must designate ONE official contact person. This can be a teacher, administrator, or parent.
4. The Varsity Division is meant for students in 11th and 12th grade (and CEGEP 1 in Québec). The Junior Varsity (JV) division is meant for students in 9th and 10th grade. The Middle School Division is meant for students in 8th grade and younger. In the Bowl, you can have younger students compete on a team in an older division, but not vice versa. In the Bee, the students can’t play up.
5. Teams are limited to SIX students; once you have more students interested, you need to sign up additional teams.
6. For any questions please contact Mr Emilio Ergueta at email@example.com