Welcome to the Registration page for The International History Bee and Bowl’s Canadian Championships! Registration for the 2020 Championships will open shortly.
You will have until April 26 to register. Each school is required to bring one reader for every 2 teams that they enter (and 1 reader if they are entering 1 team). Please see note 2 below for more information.
Registration using the above linked form is required in advance of the Championships. Upon registration, you will be sent an invoice with payment instructions. Please see the “Costs” tab on the menu bar for a list of prices and fees.
Please keep the following in mind:
1. Online Registration is REQUIRED and is only available online through this site. After you register, you will receive an invoice at the email address that you mentioned.
2. Schools need to bring at least one reader (who can be a teacher, a parent or even a non-playing student) who can speak English clearly for every two teams they bring (or fraction thereof). That person may be asked to assist with reading questions and/or scorekeeping.
3. Each school must provide a valid contact email address for its contact person. Each school must designate ONE official contact person. This can be a teacher, administrator, or parent.
4. The Varsity Division is meant for students in 11th and 12th grade (and CEGEP 1 in Québec). The Junior Varsity (JV) division is meant for students in 9th and 10th grade. The Middle School Division is meant for students in 8th grade and younger. In the Bowl, you can have younger students compete on a team in an older division, but not vice versa. In the Bee, the students can’t play up.
5. Teams at Canadians can have an unlimited number of members, though only 4 students can play at any one time.
6. It is fine to make additions to your registration at a later date (e.g. if you wish to register for the History Bee and/or Bowl now, but need to check and see which students might be interested in the International Geography Bee.)
7. Note regarding our cancellation policy:
– You can cancel your registration for free until April 26 (which is the registration deadline) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Teams and students dropping between April 26 and 4pm EDT on April 30 owe 50% of their registration fees.
– Teams and students dropping after 4pm EDT on April 30 owe 100% of their registration fees.
8. For any questions please contact email@example.com.